Tuesday 12 October 2010

Research - The Promotion Package

The examples of the Rec and Rec2 promotional trailer, poster and magazine front cover all have similar aspects which ties them together in the promotional package.

This is what I will have to do in my production and that means what I have learnt from this promotional package. What I have learnt is that it is important to follow a 'house style' which means that all 3 parts of the package give the same feeling and are easily relatable, you wouldnt for example have a trailer based on mystery and not showing the killer/monster and then have a magazine cover and poster with the killer/monster on the front.

Similar fonts are also very important, like with the Rec and Rec2 advertising they all use the same fonts for the title and any other text. The colour scheme is also one of the main ways of showing the genre of the production. Similar colours will give similar feelings so for my horror film promotional package it is important to keep as much the same or similar as I can.


Another way to do this could be using the magazine review like 5 stars or something on the poster linking them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment